Recoil Starter to suit Honda GX120, GX 140, GX160 and GX200
This recoil start (also called manual start, starter assembly, pull start or rewind start) is a method of starting an internal combustion engine. These are usually on small machines, such as cement mixers, brick saws, generators, compactors etc which use a Honda GX110, GX120, GX 140, GX160 or GX200 motor
This recoil starter is constructed with two metal starter pawls for strength and longevity.
Replacement part for OEM Numbers 28400-ZH8-023ZG, 28400-ZH8-023ZB, 28400-ZH8-023YA & 28400-ZH8-003YA.
We have many different sizes of pull starts and can special order what you need. Just call on 02 62428996
How to replace a Honda recoil starter
While we recommend that you get your Honda Small Engines serviced by a professional mechanic, the changing of the recoil starter on a small engine is a relatively simple task that some people like to do themselves.
If you are in Canberra or the surrounding region and you need a Honda Authorised Warranty Repair Agent, just give us a call on 0262428996 and we can book you in.
First you need to prepare your machine for the service
1. Make your engine is cool. Never service a hot engine.
2. Unplug the wire and boot from the spark plug (this prevents the motor from being able to start).
3. Turn the fuel valve to the off position.
Remove the old recoil starter assembly
1. Take a photo of your current recoil starter assembly. You can use this as a reference to check the correct positioning of the new recoil starter assembly)
2. Use a socket to undo the fasteners around the perimeter of the recoil starter assembly.
3. Remove the old recoil starter assembly.
Install the new recoil starter assembly
1. Place the new recoil starter assembly with the handle in the exact same position that the previous one was in.
2. Fasten it in place by screwing in the sockets around the perimeter of the recoil starter assembly.
Preparing your machine for use
1. Turn the fuel valve back on.
2. Plug the spark plug wire and boot back onto the spark plug.